WELCOME TO MY PERSONAL WEB
Thanks for visiting my personal web. It is mainly about how to improve your language skill especially English. English is a very important language so we must try hard in order to master it. Hope you can learn something from it. Have a nice day!!!
How to write?
To write a good argument, you must do the following:
& Evaluate your position
- Before writing an argument essay, make sure you have a sound position and know the facts.
- First, ask yourself a few questions:
§ Have I defined the problem clearly?
§ Have I gathered enough information to form an opinion?
§ Does my opinion reflect an honest search for truth, or it is simply self interest?
& Give your reasons
- Your arguments should be logical and convincing. Support your
arguments with reasons which are logical and reasonable. A logical
reason is one that make sense whereas a reasonable is one that is
& Cite evidence
- Besides reasons, evidence is one of the important support of your argument. Evidence consists of the following:
· Testimony (expert opinion that backs up your points.)
· Personal observation
& Refute the opposition
- A good argument does not ignore its opposition. Instead, it tries to refute it- to show that the opposition’s case is weak.
- The best way is to state the opposing side and then immediately respond.
(Taken from: Writing Talk Paragraphs and Short Essays With Readings)
SKIMMING AND SCANNING
LISTENING FOR MAIN IDEAS